Can gnome be invoked from a CD boot?
Printable View
Can gnome be invoked from a CD boot?
If I understand you correctly then you are looking for a cheat code like this:
knoppix desktop=gnome
Of course you will need to add any additional cheat codes you need to get your cd to boot properly. You really should have a look around the site, all of that info is here already.
The cheat codes don't list gnome as an option. I did look around but the only info I found about gnome is either gnoppix or morphix, not knoppix.
I've tried morphix but it's not nearly as sound "out of the box" as I've found knoppix to be.
Knoppix is a great piece of work.
So you didn't even try it?
desktop=fluxbox|gnome|icewm|kde|larswm|twm|wmaker| xfce
Use specified WM instead of KDE
it's on this page:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
edit Oh yeah it's also on the CD - press F2.
Of course I tried it.
"Desktop manager gnome is not supported.
Boots a generic shell.
This with 3.2.
Knopper removed Gnome, don't ask me why.Quote:
Originally Posted by bopper
Things were broken. I hope there is a fix soon because gnome meeting has been moved back to MUCH earlier version.
--He can leave it off, for my 2c. I actually prefer Gnome over KDE sometimes 'cuz it's faster, but realistically there's only so much room on a 700MB CDR. Taking gnome off prolly freed up a tonne of space.
--It would prolly be a good idea to have a 2nd knoppix project that has Gnome and not KDE tho, with appropriate customizations. (I believe there is already a Knoppix Gnome project out there, but I don't think it's in english.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aay