I've got Knoppix 3.6 running on a Dell C600 laptop with a Netgear WG511 wireless card and a Dlink Wireless/Broadband router. The wireless card appears to have solid contact with the router (as monitored with wavemon and iwconfig). The router reports it assigned 192.168.0.3 to the Knoppix machine however Knoppix reports its IP (through ifconfig) as 192.168.1.14. Knoppix has the MAC address of the router correct (verified in iwconfig) and the router shows the MAC address of the laptop correctly. Obviously I can't connect to the other machines on the router or the internet. When I do route -n I see that the routing table is messed up. The table should show the gateway as 192.168.0.1 but instead shows 192.168.1.1
It appears Knoppix is interpreting the DHCP stuff incorrectly from the router, but why?
Note: another linux (SuSE) and windows 2k/XP boxes use the same router wirelessly and wired without trouble
