Setup a dial up network between two pc using Knoppix 3.6
I am running Knoppix 3.6 from CD. My friend is doing the same thing.
How can I setup a dial up network between the two pc using Knoppix 3.6?
Does Knoppix 3.6 have a program that will allow me to do this?
Does anyone know of a faq or a website that shows the steps how this can be?
Thanks.
Re: Setup a dial up network between two pc using Knoppix 3.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn2user
Does Knoppix 3.6 have a program that will allow me to do this?
The program you want is pppd, normally used for connecting to an internet service provider. One of you will have to set it up to accept incoming connections, the other person set it up to dial out.
Don't know a website, try pressing Alt+F2 and typing man:ppp
Re: Setup a dial up network between two pc using Knoppix 3.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivers
The program you want is pppd, normally used for connecting to an internet service provider. One of you will have to set it up to accept incoming connections, the other person set it up to dial out.
Don't know a website, try pressing Alt+F2 and typing man:ppp
Thanks for the info.
I have look into the pppd program and I have a problem.
The program wants script files to be able to connect to another pc. Since I am new to linux I do not what how the script file should look like.
Does anyone have examples of script files that are to be used with pppd?
One script has to dial out and the other script has to accept the incoming call.
I would appreciate any help that anyone can give thanks.