-
KPackage
I am trying to install a .deb package (really a Native KDE Window Decoration), but everytime I try to install the package, I get the error message: "<ix/Downloaded Stuff/crystal_0.7.7-2_i386.deb' ;echo RESULT=$?
dpkg: unable to access dpkg status area: Read-only file system
RESULT=2". What does this mean? My harddrive is read and write enabled, I checked. And how can I resolve this issue?
-
Is there by anychance that kpackage did not ask you for password before trying to install that package?
Try dpkg -i crystal_0.7.7-2_i386.deb
-
mimes,
Were you superuser when attempting that?
Are you running from CD? (read-only medium)
-
A CD
I am running from a CD, but I have figured out that i need to install Knoppix to my HD, but I am having a LOT of trouble with this.
-
Trouble install? Like what?
-
emmmmm....from cd.
Have try creating persistent home directory?
Than try Probono's klik.....and next generation.
http://klik.berlios.de/
:D