When I boot knoppix, it detects everything appropriately, starts X, but never manages to start KDE and exits X (with no errors) and then does a clean shutdown. What is wrong with it ?
Printable View
When I boot knoppix, it detects everything appropriately, starts X, but never manages to start KDE and exits X (with no errors) and then does a clean shutdown. What is wrong with it ?
What about the other desktop enviros? Will it boot any of them?
Selecting the svga xserver did the trick. The problem is now that I seem to run in 256 colours, which is not good. How do I configure X after I have logged in ? any tools provided ? (Couldn't locate any in the menus) and the XFree86Config-4 is beyond me.
Better study up :D Post your XF86Config - While you may have a file called XF86Config-4 I don't think that's the one it uses. It isn't on my system anyway.Quote:
Originally Posted by omagere