A Knoppix secondary disc?
I'm still fairly new to linux, but I was thinking. Most desktop computers now adays have two cd/dvd drives; would it be possible to create an optional second disc that could contain, say, a collection of linux/knoppix manuals and documents to help learn linux? I was thinking you could either use a boot option to enable the use of the second disc, or it could just automatically detect it during boot and use it.
I know that the main goal of knoppix is probably to be an easy one-disc "pop-it-in-and-boot" linux solution. But if people are using knoppix to try out linux and learn commands and try out the software, a second disc that adds on some manuals and documents to the desktop would be really useful. Knoppix is an excellent learning tool, and an additonal disc that could further help learning would be invaluable. Hell, you could even add manuals on how to recover from disasters, and how to recover data, for people who are using Knoppix as a rescue tool.
I honestly wouldn't see a reason to use the second disc for additional programs though... it gets to the point that if you really need aditional space/programs, you just install it the HD. But I really like the idea of something that teaches linux and knoppix.
I was just reading that they would have loved to have added the Knoppix Wiki but couldn't due to the space requirements... well, this would be perfect for it! What do you all think?