Knoppix 3.6 ISO != remastered Knoppix 3.6 ISO
I've been trying to remaster the original Knoppix 3.6 CD with the thought that by taking the original CD and simply remastering (i.e. not adding, changing, or removing anything) I should be able to generate a copy of the original CD. Unfortunately, the resulting ISO is about 760 MB, about 30 MB larger than the original ISO.
Original ISO:
Quote:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 733499392 Aug 23 19:28 KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso
Trial 1: running Knoppix
Quote:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 763000832 Jan 30 22:49 knoppix.iso
Trial 2: running FC2
Quote:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 762980352 Jan 31 07:58 knoppix.iso
Trial 3: running FC2 with a chroot to Knoppix remaster folder
Quote:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 762990592 2005-01-31 21:48 knoppix.iso
Trial 4: running Knoppix using remaster script
Quote:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 762929152 Jan 31 23:26 KNOPPIX-CUSTOM.iso
For my notes of the different trials, see:
http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.c...ack094#trial01
http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.c...ack094#trial02
http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.c...ack094#trial03
Trial 4 used the script from http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remas...r-0.1-4.tar.gz . From reading, I now realize there's a newer version. Will try that in a bit.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.