3.1 to 3.2, burn problems, update
Hi :D
I have Knoppix 3.1 from c't on my harddisk, and I have done a apt-get update. Afterwards i got the message: 476 packages not updated. Whats wrong?
How can I persuade xcdroast to burn a cd? Do I have to be root? (NEC DVD and Plextor 12/10/32A IDE).
I have downloaded the english version of Knoppix 3.2. Can I do an update, ord should I erase hda5, where I have the c't 3.1, first?
Best regards
Finn Arne Hansen
Re: 3.1 to 3.2, burn problems, update
Quote:
Originally Posted by fina
How can I persuade xcdroast to burn a cd? Do I have to be root? (NEC DVD and Plextor 12/10/32A IDE).
Best regards
Finn Arne Hansen
I believe you'd do better to have only one subject per post.
If you're installing 3.2 I don't believe it has xcdroast-you could of course install it. 3.2 does however have k3b. While I have made both of those programs function I couldn't recommend them. If you're going to take the time & trouble to learn, configure and setup cd burning software why not put that same effort into learning to use cdrecord, cdparanoia, and mkisofs from the command line? They really aren't that hard to use and once you learn them you've got it. Afterall whether you use k3b, xcdroast, gcombust or what have you they are only frontends for the afore mentioned programs right?