Knoppix doesn't like my new motherboard
First, sorry about my english. It's not my mother language.
Well, I have changed my motherboard only a few weeks ago ( to a VIA K7VMM ) and I have now problems not only with Knoppix but also other Live-CD's.
The fact is the first screen appears "boot: ", but when I press enter key, it seems to be working but suddenly a black screen cut my hopeness to have again Knoppix in my PC.
Any idea? Perhaps problems sre in the BIOS?
Thanks.
Re: Knoppix doesn't like my new motherboard
--Try booting with a framebuffer, see if that fixes it.
boot: ' fb1024x768 '
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxtaxdani
First, sorry about my english. It's not my mother language.
Well, I have changed my motherboard only a few weeks ago ( to a VIA K7VMM ) and I have now problems not only with Knoppix but also other Live-CD's.
The fact is the first screen appears "boot: ", but when I press enter key, it seems to be working but suddenly a black screen cut my hopeness to have again Knoppix in my PC.
Any idea? Perhaps problems sre in the BIOS?
Thanks.
Re: Knoppix doesn't like my new motherboard
I have ECS k7vmm with Duron1300.
I boot knoppix: "knoppix xmodule=vesa" and work fine.
Re: Knoppix doesn't like my new motherboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by yossek
I have ECS k7vmm with Duron1300.
I boot knoppix: "knoppix xmodule=vesa" and work fine.
I have this board on a machine also and I only get a black screen. I'm going to try this option right now.....no diffence, still goes to black screen. If I try failsafe I get a screen full of CPU and memory related variables then it just stops.