What Laptops run Knoppix?
I'm about to buy an older laptop, 200-400mhz. It needs to be able to run Knoppix (from the cd). I'm not sure how well Knoppix supports laptops, pcmcia and all that, what experiences do you all have running it on laptops? Should i expect lot's of trouble or should it generally work on most systems.
Re: What Laptops run Knoppix?
--On an older laptop you will likely have problems with sound and hotplugging PCMCIA cards, but even if you have to boot with a framebuffer the rest of it should work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrill
I'm about to buy an older laptop, 200-400mhz. It needs to be able to run Knoppix (from the cd). I'm not sure how well Knoppix supports laptops, pcmcia and all that, what experiences do you all have running it on laptops? Should i expect lot's of trouble or should it generally work on most systems.