Video controller not recognized?
Hi,
I'm trying to run knoppix on an older noname laptop (AMD K2 300MHz, 96 MB, 800x600). It starts normally, but after it says "starting X11" the screen shows only varying weird line patterns, and eventually the cd stops after a while. The video chip is identified as Trident Microsystems TGUI 9660 rev d3. I've tried some cheatcodes, but to no avail.
The laptop is technically ok, Win2k runs on it with no problems.
Thanks for any idea.
Re: Video controller not recognized?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daibutsu
Hi,
I'm trying to run knoppix on an older noname laptop (AMD K2 300MHz, 96 MB, 800x600). It starts normally, but after it says "starting X11" the screen shows only varying weird line patterns, and eventually the cd stops after a while. The video chip is identified as Trident Microsystems TGUI 9660 rev d3. I've tried some cheatcodes, but to no avail.
The laptop is technically ok, Win2k runs on it with no problems.
Thanks for any idea.
hmm i seemed to have that problem too
try to boot into expert mode and try to configure it manuallly by following the questions it asks you.
the process is very initutative
try it first and post more question here