I was trying to unzip xampp (apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.htm) and it said it couldn't find any of the files in the tar...
Printable View
I was trying to unzip xampp (apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.htm) and it said it couldn't find any of the files in the tar...
The latest XAMPP was just release and has not been fully distributed to all the file mirrors. You may have downloaded a corrupt file. To check if you got a good download, try:
md5sum xampp-linux-1.4.12.tar.gz
and it should match c4565112e7fbc3cd34b1a1327d4a7fe4. If not, then you have a corrupt download.
As far as I can tell, you can not run XAMPP from a Knoppix CD. It wants to be installed to /opt, a writeable place in the filesystem. I tried an different method of installing XAMPP and I installed it to /home/knoppix/opt and it installed.
tar xvfz xampp-linux-1.4.12.tar.gz -C ./opt
I ran it with the command:
sudo ./opt/lampp/lampp start
and it failed to start.
The problem I see is that it is hardcoded to install to /opt & /opt is a read-only filesystem (it maps to the knoppix CDR). You will have to either install linux on that machine or find a way to mount a vfat or a linux partition to /opt and install it there.
I hope this helps.
James