Lexar 256MB Jumpdrive working but need help
I have a Lexar 256 MB jumpdrive [USB] and got it semi-working in my ver. 3.7 KNOPPIX on laptop. I can only access the drive through the Konsole. I cannot get to it from Konqueror, and if I try I get "Acess denied" message! Even if I try doing "chmod -R 777 /mnt/usb" or "chown bob /mnt/usb" it still will not let me access the drive from Konqueror, only Konsole! If I try to chown, it still says it wont let me change ownership!!! Whatsup??? If I try to log on at logon screen at bootup , I have 2 choices I made when I installed, the 2 choices are "bob" and "root" and if I try to log on as "root" a message box comes up saying "root logins not allowed!" I never remember that happening before with earlier versions.
Could it be the entry in /etc/fstab that is prohibiting me from accessing drive from Konqueror? Please help! bob