I use to type the "service" command in MDK to start demons and so on...
In Knoppyx there isn't ... is there something else like it ?
Many thanks.
Printable View
I use to type the "service" command in MDK to start demons and so on...
In Knoppyx there isn't ... is there something else like it ?
Many thanks.
/etc/init.d/service start
for "service" substitute apache or mysql, or whatever the service is you want to start.
As root
ksysv
may also help as a graphical program.
There isn't this script in my Knoppix 3.6 !Quote:
Originally Posted by markpreston
That's why I wrote "substitute the word service".
ksysv should give you a full list of available services.
Does ksysv work?
Many thanks. It works ! Though it seems a bit different the info of the "service" command .....but I've to learn more about Ksysv .Quote:
Originally Posted by markpreston
Regards.
' jstar /usr/local/bin/service '
--Hit Ctrl-K,X to save and quit, then when you type "service inetd start" it should work the way you expect.Code:#!/bin/sh
/etc/init.d/$1 start
exit;
Quote:
Originally Posted by emypisqua