Parallel Port on IBM TP 600E Not Detected
I cannot set up my IBM ThinkPad 600E to print because Knoppix-KDE does
not see the parallel port.
I have tested the parallel port in IBM's "Easy Setup" BIOS menu and it says it is
OK but Knoppix-KDE fails to see it.
When I go into Control Center - Peripherals - Printer - Local Port Selection
only the USB ports appear to have URI's assigned.
Anyone seen this before and have any ideas how I might fix this, please?
Thanks! edoc
Parallel Port on IBM TP 600E Not Detected
Well, I did a little more searching and stumbled upon http://www.mepis.org/node/401
wherein which I found a reference to shutting off Quick Boot in the IBM Easy Setup
BIOS menu as one way to get sound to work.
So I shut it off and hey! I can access my parallel port!
No idea why this works and what else it may break but it resolves the problem du jour!
edoc
Parallel Port on IBM TP 600E Not Detected
Turning off the Quick Post fixed the parallel port problem but trashed the sound ... arghhhhh!
Sigh ... edoc
Parallel Port on IBM TP 600E Not Detected
In my continuing dialog with myself I must report that though Knoppix/KDE
appeared to recognize device:/dev/lp0 but nothing makes it to the printer.
Sure wish someone had some good ideas to get this working.
edoc