Samba with XPsp2 or Norton problem Knoppix 3.7
I was previously using, sucessfully, a Samba connection to recover data from a windows drive that corrupted.
Data on machine A running knoppix/samba => working from an XP machine [B] across a network.
Fastforward about 1 week and I've installed service pack 2 on machine B as well as Notron Systemworks.
Now I try to pull info from this problem drive on A accross the net but I can't see machine A from machine B on the network.
I've disabled the XP firwall on B and also the Norton Firewall[I think] on B. But still nothing.
Machine C is running Win2k and can see and access A & B both just fine.
I appreciate any suggestions.
I'm a self taught computer enthusiast so you won't offend me if you reply in extensive detail. I'm not very familiar with Norton and have only been using knoppix for a couple weeks; just to recover this data.
Thanks again.
PS. from what I recall, the first few times I was using Samba, once it was running I simply opened MyNetworkPlaces on the XP machine and "voila", knoppix was there. I only had to enter the password to connect. Recently, its not so simple. During one approach, I was able to "browse" in order to add a network place and actually see the workgroup and knoppix, but none of the drives. The knoppix drives aren't just showing up in my network places automatically like they had before.