After Windows XP ruined its own bootsector and registry, my friend recommended Knoppix for recovery and to get a taste of Linux. So I got it from bittorrent (Huggles cable modem - 700K baby!) and I burnt it to a CD with Sonic Record Now! Shut down windows and put the disc into my DVD drive. I pushed the power button and heard the DVD drive churn and its LED flashed but then the BIOS moved onto the hard disk and it loaded windows.
Pentium 4 "NorthWood" 2.66GHz
512MB of DDR333 Non-ECC RAM
120 GB 5400RPM IDE Drive
48x Read | 24x Write | 12x Rewrite | CD Drive
48x Read (CDs) | 16x (DVDs) | DVD Drive
NVIDIA Geforce MX 440 (at AGP 4x)
I burned the whole 698Mb file to the CD as an ISO image. Obviously the CD is not bootable. How can I create a bootable Knoppix CD? (Using Sonic RecordNow!)
