Connecting to a network share (windows)
Hi, new to knoppix and love it, here is my question:
I have a windows 2000 machine with a shared folder... (\\server\shared)...how do I mount this automatically at startup from a script file on a floppy? The shared folder in NTFS and i've created a knoppix account w/ read and write permissions to it.... it'd be great if someone can tell me where to start. thanks!
Re: Connecting to a network share (windows)
Quote:
I have a windows 2000 machine with a shared folder... (\\server\shared)...how do I mount this automatically at startup from a script file on a floppy? The shared folder in NTFS and i've created a knoppix account w/ read and write permissions to it.... it'd be great if someone can tell me where to start. thanks!
Something like :
Code:
mkdir /mnt/shared
mount -t smbfs //server/shared /mnt/shared -p <password>
"man mount" is your friend