I have tried passwd. No luck.
Some su functions I can use ignore but I need the correct su password.
thanks
Printable View
I have tried passwd. No luck.
Some su functions I can use ignore but I need the correct su password.
thanks
go here and read this posting, it is thurough on rootpassword in knoppix
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11500
it is the second "headline" in the general forum. i think it ranks amontg the top 5 questions aksked.
I have tried "passwd". No luck!!
1. start Knoppix normaly
2. when everithing is up, click on monitor icon in panel
3. type su + Enter
4. type passwd + Enter
5. now type your new password + Enter ( you will not see anything, it's normal)
6. re-type your new password + Enter
Is it working now?
Thanks for the post. It works.
thanks again
THANK YOU! I was wondering why whenever I went to use the root command prompt it kept harrassing me about a password....