Irfanview Photo Editor Works With Wine!!
If you fellow Knoppix users are looking for a good and easy to use photo editor/viewer:
Irfanview for Windows works great in Knoppix via Wine! Type Irfanview in Google or Yahoo to get it.
I prefer Irfanview to anything I use for getting rid of red eye and I have a lot of photo tools including Photoshop. Now you have that power in Knoppix!
You can quadruple Irfanview's editing power with the simple addition of a single filter: Filters Unlimited 2.0
Available at:
http://www.abbeysthoughts.com/filters.htm
It's in the second row down on the far right hand side of the screen.
sakiZ
Re: Irfanview Photo Editor Works With Wine!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiZ
Irfanview for Windows works great in Knoppix via Wine! Type Irfanview in Google or Yahoo to get it.
I'm a total newbie to Knoppix (have been using it for about 3 HOURS!), and although I'm more or less used to Gimp since I have it installed for use with Windows, IrfanView is my #1 favorite tool. So being able to use it in Knoppix will be rockin'!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiZ
You can quadruple Irfanview's editing power with the simple addition of a single filter: Filters Unlimited 2.0
Thanks for the tip...I look forward to using the filters, whether in Windows or Knoppix!