There must be an easier way. I have installed this OS on HD's before, but this version 3.8 just won't fly. I am sitting on the desktop and would like to install this OS to the hard...
Printable View
There must be an easier way. I have installed this OS on HD's before, but this version 3.8 just won't fly. I am sitting on the desktop and would like to install this OS to the hard...
You can either click on the terminal icon and type su. That should change the $ to a #. Now type knoppix-installer and wait a few minutes for the installer to come up. Or before it boots type in knoppix tohd=/dev/hdc1. Hope you can get it to install.
--- Vince
Dear All,
Can I install knoppix to small HD (1,7GB) ?
-Achiel@Bandung-
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Install_HowTo For small hd like yours it is better to use a "normal" Linux, not Live. When installing Live CD, you have no choice - it is "all or nothing" - before installation Knoppix is one big package. With "normal" Linux, you can select packages you can put on such small hdd. Visit www.distrowatch.com to see more about that.
Have a look at the the Windows Partition PMI: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_PartitionQuote:
Originally Posted by Achiel
You can basically copy the iso file to a HD partition, what ever it is (fat16/32, ntfs, ext2/3, ...) and boot from it...
Cheers, Gilles