Problems starting knoppix
Hi All,
I'm using: KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-30-EN.iso
1) When I start knoppix I get eight or so cloop: errorlevel -3 uncompressing block... one after the other.
Does this mean my image is corrupt?
2) I can't start KDE; tried cheatcode xnodule=vesa to no avail. Any ideas on what I should try next?
Thanks.
Garrett
Re: Problems starting knoppix
--If you're getting cloop errors, it usually means either bad ISO or bad media (could also mean your cd drive needs a head-cleaning.) Check md5sum and re-burn.
--Starting X is no factor if you have a bad CD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettvm
Hi All,
I'm using: KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-30-EN.iso
1) When I start knoppix I get eight or so cloop: errorlevel -3 uncompressing block... one after the other.
Does this mean my image is corrupt?
2) I can't start KDE; tried cheatcode xnodule=vesa to no avail. Any ideas on what I should try next?
Thanks.
Garrett
RE: Problems starting knoppix
Dave,
Thanks... It was a bad ISO. I downloaded 4-15-2003 and everything went smoothly.
Garrett