deleting file on ntfs volume
I am totally new to linux unfortuately, I have lived a windows lifestyle. I heard about knoppix booting from cd, so i donwloaded it, and i am trying to delete something from the ntfs partition. Windows keeps blue screening because there is no free space on the HDD. When I boot knoppix and try to delete something I get this error, Could Not Delete File /*/*/*.***
Could someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks
Re: deleting file on ntfs volume
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
I am totally new to linux unfortuately, I have lived a windows lifestyle. I heard about knoppix booting from cd, so i donwloaded it, and i am trying to delete something from the ntfs partition. Windows keeps blue screening because there is no free space on the HDD. When I boot knoppix and try to delete something I get this error, Could Not Delete File /*/*/*.*** Could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks
Have a look at this:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...19243&start=10
Good luck and let me know... Gilles