hi!
I have the knoppix cd live instalation, and I wanted to know If my knoppix can be a dhcp server, and how can I configure it.
Thank you!
Printable View
hi!
I have the knoppix cd live instalation, and I wanted to know If my knoppix can be a dhcp server, and how can I configure it.
Thank you!
Knoppix 3.9 includes dhcp3-server 3.0.1-2 as seen here at the Knoppix 3.9 package list so there is no need to install or download anything.
You will need to edit the /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf file. Here is a site to help with that: "DHCP Setup Guide" http://www.siliconvalleyccie.com/linux-hn/dchp.htm
The package list indicates that Knoppix includeds dhcp3-server. If you are in a normal situation hooking up to a high speed connection I would strongly suggest that you use an inexpensive home DSL/cable router that includes a DHCP server rather than running one in Knoppix, but of course there are some applications where you might want a dhcp server.