-
Problems using SAMBA
I really don't know nothing about linux ... but my friend's PC has "broken" with windows and I'm trying to copy his stuff to my computer. I use windowsXP and i started my frien's computer with Knoppix ... his format of file is FAT, what i think that helps.
So ... i started a SAMBA SERVER, and in my machine i could "see" his network ... but i CAN'T access it ... appears a ERROR msg!!!
CAN SOMEONE HELP?
BUT PLZ ... BE SIMPLE!
thanks!
-
-
But and SAMBA???
But how can i use Samba, cause i wish to work in Windows not in Knoppix explorer ... cause i really don't know another way of working. For example, i tried to do what you said but i can't ... it didn't worked! Can't i just SHARE whit knoppix for me to work in windows? It would help !!!
THANKS!