using 2 install debian from scratch
how would I go about using the knoppix cd to do a debian install from scratch to a pc?
Is there a way to connect to a ftp someware and do a basic install..
I am thinking of this cause I wanna load just deabion on some smaller hd machines and select a basic window manager and open office..
Mainly its would be nice to be able to install my laptop fresh with debian right from stable packages (not unstable ones!)
Debian from scratch from cd
Thats not what I ment.
See the hd on the othere computer is way too small for the 2 gig limit. and I know I could fit enough on it but I want to use knoppix as a bootup disk to load from the internet so I could load debian from scratch. (instead of downloading the full cd images)
(I have already done the knx-hdinstall)
on anouthere newer system...
I want to boot into a mode where I can install fresh.
just format , load a very select group of packages.. and thats it
is this possible or do I have to go to debian and download there boot disks (floppies) or burn a debian cd image...
I want to know is knoppix has enough on it to start a fresh load for a debian system setup??!
as much as I love this self booting cd I really would like to load a system with bare debian from scratch since the harddrive is smaller!
knoppix to install debian
The following link descibes how to install debian from scratch using knoppix.
http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stori...1104.barr.html