Problems after Linux HDD Install
Hi Friends;
I am sorry if there is any wrong usage of keywords here. But i hope you will understand my problem.
I am a newbie to knoppix and i yesterday installed knoppix on my HDD and made my system dual boot. I got the GRUB bootleader automatiically made by knoppix on my MBR. Now there is a problem. I can see 2 different entries for Debain/GNU linux on the bootloader. First one says Debian/GNU Linux (Default) and second one is the Debain/GNU Linux. Is it possible to remove the second entry from the bootloader?
My Second question is kind of a very stupid one, but please bear with me. Can somebody tell me where can i find the volume control Icon? When i booted from the CD i could see it in the bottom right corner, but now i cant see it.
Third question: I tried installing RealPlayer and VLC Media Player. The real player setup i did it using chmod r+x "Realplayer.bin" and the used ./ toinstall it. It did the install but it made a directory of realplayer on my desktop. When the installation was goin on it said it configured Mozilla support, but when i try to run streaming audio it says helix player or realplayer not found. Can you please tell me how to run streaming audio or video and where has the real player files to be extracted to get it work correctly?
for the VLC media player i did copied the 2 lines given on their webiste in the /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sarge main
deb-src http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sarge main
then ran apt-get update and apt-get install vlc libdvdcss2
But the installation fails. Please help on this too....
Last question: I have the windows partition mounted on the linux but its read only mode and i need write mode. I know i have to change the /etc/fstab entry, but can someone please tell me the exact command to do that?
I am again sorry for putting so many questions, but any help would be highly appreciated.....
Regards,
Adi