I tested the new version 4 on a DVD and love it. I am sure it is possible to install it as a stand alone OS on a hard drive, but have no clue where to start and find info about it. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Printable View
I tested the new version 4 on a DVD and love it. I am sure it is possible to install it as a stand alone OS on a hard drive, but have no clue where to start and find info about it. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
That link at the top of the page
Home| About | Get Knoppix | Documentation | Forum | Bugs | Contact | » Knopper.net | » Software Patents
In it is the HD Install HowTo guide. It has suggestion, warnings & tips that you will want to read.
See also screenshots of Knoppix 4.0 DVD installation and post-installation. http://www.virtualacuity.com/james/k...-other/knop40/
Yes it is possible, boot knoppix from the iso file in the ntfs partition of your hdd.Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuvenNY
Look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=asc&start=240
and hre: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
Good Luck and let me know...
Gilles