Knoppix 4.0 DVD & rt2500 wireless
On my Sager NP4750 64-bit laptop with built in lan & wlan (rt2500), Knoppix 4.0 DVD freezes during boot at detecting dhcp on 2nd ethx. I can boot just fine with cheat code nodhcp. And yes, Im behind a router. I'm trying to config my rt2500 wireless running from DVD only
dmesg and lspci -v shows that rt2500 is detected & driver = serial monkey's.
When I try to use netcardconfig, eth0 appears to be the wireless (vice ra0 in previous versions); and when I enter my static config data it accepts it then jumps to an xdialog window, to enter wireless config data wherein it hard freezes the computer.
I have tried to boot clean & edit /etc/resolv.conf & /etc/network/interfaces, but this doesn't seem to "take". I still need to enter my static config & at netcardconfig computer again hard freezes.
What am I missing?
Any help greatly appreciated -- I would like to get this working and saved on a persistant disk!
Snakedriver