I have no Cd writer to make bootable disc
Hello,
I have downloaded all the knoppix files and the iso image from the net, but i have a problem, i am not able to load knopix because, my cd writer is not working, and i am not able to create a bootable disc for knoppix.
Is there a way to boot knoppix directly from the hard disk, i also tried creating a virtual Cd drive and mounted the knoppix iso image there, but when i log off windows and reboot the system, the virtual drive seems to have disappeared.
Urgent help needed here. :cry:
Thank you all !
Re: I have no Cd writer to make bootable disc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaruga
It might be easier to just buy a knoppix CD from the web. I bought one from ebay a while back for $3 (including shipping).
That's awful advice, doesn't really answer the user's question, and is likely to get you a sloppy marginal high speed burnt disc that may work on some systems but not others. (And it's hardly like buying a working CD burner is very expensive.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnirudhTheGreat
Is there a way to boot knoppix directly from the hard disk, i also tried creating a virtual Cd drive and mounted the knoppix iso image there, but when i log off windows and reboot the system, the virtual drive seems to have disappeared.
Yea, that virtual drive hack isn't going to work for the exact reason that you mentioned. I have however seen many others discussing in these forums ways that they booted the ISO directly from a regular partition (not a virtual drive). I've never done it myself and don't know enough about what is involved to comment on it directly, but a bit of searching through the forums for info on booting the iso from hard disk should find information.