Award Bios Blues - No Boot
Hello There,
We've got a problem using knoppix 3.9 on Award Bios revs 2.03 and 2.07.
We have these computers, with no disk drives, booting with the 3.9 knoppix CD. Sadly we get errors but no boot. On the 2.03 bios we get:
isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry...
On 2.07 we get:
isolinux: Extreemly broken BIOS dectected, last ditch attempt with drive = 9F
isolinux: disk error 01, AX = 422F drive 9F
However, using knoppix 3.3 works fine in the same boxes. Tried removing md5 sums file under master directory per some advise on the Internet. Didn't help.
Anyone else have this with Award Bios? I'm assuming that's my problem, hoping there's a work-around. Any advise would be most appreciated.
Regards,
Mike
Thanks for the response....
Thanks for responding.
No, we don't get to the splash screen so we can't try any cheat codes.
The CDs actually boot other computers not running Award BIOS. That's why this was frustrating, the CDs were burned and tested. They failed when we put them into the same box with a different BIOS.
I guess the short solution is just use another BIOS that worked, but its complicated to do that at another site.
I'll chase down the other lead you mentioned in your post as well. I gues I was hoping this was a 'standard problem'. Oh, well.
Thanks again,
Mike G.
Solution: Replace Isolinux
We found a solution to our problem, Update isolinux.
To accomplish this, download the latest syslinux package (http://freshmeat.net/projects/syslinux/) and copy the file isolinux.bin to
knx/master/boot/isolinux of remaster directory. See Knoppix Remaster HOWTO for instructions on remastering knoppix (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto).