Knoppix can't find the right resolultion...
I have an hp pavilion f1703 flat panel lcd screen. When I boot knoppix regularly I get the 1024x800 res. When I boot with the parameters knoppix screen=1280x1024 the highest res is KDE is 1115x925 (or something similar). My moniter is made to run at 1280x1024 so anything other than that results in bluring. LCD's only work well on one res anyway...
Thanks :D ,
Alex
Re: Knoppix can't find the right resolultion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheadxdll
I have an hp pavilion f1703 flat panel lcd screen. When I boot knoppix regularly I get the 1024x800 res. When I boot with the parameters knoppix screen=1280x1024 the highest res is KDE is 1115x925 (or something similar). My moniter is made to run at 1280x1024 so anything other than that results in bluring. LCD's only work well on one res anyway...
Thanks :D ,
Alex
Re: Knoppix can't find the right resolultion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheadxdll
I have an hp pavilion f1703 flat panel lcd screen. When I boot knoppix regularly I get the 1024x800 res. When I boot with the parameters knoppix screen=1280x1024 the highest res is KDE is 1115x925 (or something similar). My moniter is made to run at 1280x1024 so anything other than that results in bluring. LCD's only work well on one res anyway...
Thanks :D ,
Alex
I had a similar problem with V4.02 and my lcd monitor, I ended up using a pclinux live CD and then went in and found the XF86Config-4 file to see what pclinuxos found for my monitor (since it had no trouble with 1280X1024. I copied this mode line in my XF86Config-4 for my knoppix install, then added (1280X1024) in the options (same file, at the en you will see all the possible resolution selections, in each the new resolution must be added). Works great for me now. add a note to this forum if you want more detail.