Why does cloop not like me?
I took the 2.6.11 config file from Knoppix 3.9 and rolled a new 2.6.14.3 .deb package with it without changing anything. Now I'm building cloop.ko modules for minirt's modules/cloop.ko but each time I get:
insmod: error '/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format
What am I doing wrong? I've built it on a woody machine, a sarge machine and even in the Knoppix 4.0.2 live cd environment and get the same result each time. It's driving me crazy!!!
BTW, anyone know what's going on with http://developer.linuxtag.net/ ? I keep trying to make sure I've got the latest cloop source but that site seems to have been down the last couple days.
Re: Why does cloop not like me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatwad
I took the 2.6.11 config file from Knoppix 3.9 and rolled a new 2.6.14.3 .deb package with it without changing anything. Now I'm building cloop.ko modules for minirt's modules/cloop.ko but each time I get:
insmod: error '/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format
How did you build cloop module?
You can do it by downloading source package 'apt-get cloop-source' and making a module by 'make-kpkg --added-modules=cloop modules_install'. Does it compile fine? Then remove old cloop 'apt-get --purge remove cloop-modules-2.6.11' (or what ever it is) and install new by 'dpkg -i cloop*' and check that /dev/cloop section is updated. Then just enjoy :)
Look also instructions from
HOWTO: Upgrading the kernel
Hope I didn't forget anything.
-tapsa-