I have a linksys wapusb11 wireless usb adapter. I am trying to figure out how to configure it to work with knoppix. I need doem one to give a step by step tutorial or instuctions to do this.
Printable View
I have a linksys wapusb11 wireless usb adapter. I am trying to figure out how to configure it to work with knoppix. I need doem one to give a step by step tutorial or instuctions to do this.
Use Ndiswrapper, it should be within the internet menu. Select where ever the windows XP driver is for your USB dongle, it will be a .INF file.
After that is sucessful, you can go into a console and use "iwlist scan" to list all access points near by and their name. If you find one then type: iwconfig wlan0 essid "nameOfRouter", that is assuming your wireless conection is wlan0 which it should be.
if it still doesnt work then type,
su
pump -i wlan0
which will grab an IP address from the router if its dhcp I believe.
This is how I connect to the net via a USB wifi dongle anyway.