How do I locate a second hard disk drive (D1)?
I have two hard disk drives. On one of the them (D0) is Windows XP Professional, and on another (D1) is Suse Linux 9.3 Professional.
When I boot using Knoppix 3.9 it only recognizes (D0). How can I access the other hard disk (D1)?
I need to:
1. Mount the partition, but I am unable to find it.
2. cd [change directory] to /mnt/{the desired partition}/etc/sysconfig and
3. Edit the file 'keyboard'
to correct some line entries there.
Re: How do I locate a second hard disk drive (D1)?
--As root, ' fdisk -l '
--If the 2nd disk is not there, is it SATA? If yes, then there may not be a driver loaded for it.
--Check ' dmesg | less ' and search for hda: " /hda ". It may give errors or warning messages there.
--Post the output of ' lspci '.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfzab
I have two hard disk drives. On one of the them (D0) is Windows XP Professional, and on another (D1) is Suse Linux 9.3 Professional.
When I boot using Knoppix 3.9 it only recognizes (D0). How can I access the other hard disk (D1)?
I need to:
1. Mount the partition, but I am unable to find it.
2. cd [change directory] to /mnt/{the desired partition}/etc/sysconfig and
3. Edit the file 'keyboard'
to correct some line entries there.