Hello
Where can I find knoppix-installer.po file. I need it for my translation.
Printable View
Hello
Where can I find knoppix-installer.po file. I need it for my translation.
I got it!
From sources:
http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian....3.19.16.tar.gz
http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian....3.19.14.tar.gz
(1) Unpack the files
(2) Find knoppix-installer.po for example in English or Deutsch language
(3) Edit this file by POEDIT (even under Windows).
POEDIT will create a knoppix-installer.mo file (this is language loaclization file for knoppix-installer).
Copy your knoppix-installer.mo file to your source (reamstering process) directory /usr/share/locale/"your language"/LC_MESSAGES
*) "your language" - en, de, pl ...
That is it!
I don't get this to work with Kanotix's installer. Files should be knoppix-installer.mo and knxinstaller.mo (for GUI). I have translated fi.po from german (de.po) with poedit and it got saved as fi.mo. Then I copied this to knoppix-installer.mo and knxinstaller.mo and copied these to /usr/share/locale/fi_FI/LC_MESSAGES. Knoppix-installer seems to be translated partially but knxinstaller not at all. Have I missed something or is knxinstaller.mo totally different file (as I think)? Where to find sources for Kanotix's installers? My Kanotix Installer seems to be version 0.4.Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmartin
-tapsa-
Hi TR
I don't know how works Kanotix installer.
In Knoppix 4.0.2 DVD i translated only knoppix-installer.mo (from sources de.po with POEDIT).
It works in text mode and GUI (KDE).
Sorry, but I don't know Kanotix installer. My remastering base was Knoppix 4.0.2 DVD.
i think kanotix installer isn't mantained anymore so use knoppix-installer..
Quote:
Do not use "knx-hdinstall" anymore. "knx-hdinstall" is no longer maintained, use "knoppix-installer" instead.
Thank you. I think that also Knoppix uses Kanotix's installer. And I found also where to get sources. Just added to /etc/apt /sources.list:Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmartin
and run /etc/sbin/kanotix-installer-latest-webCode:deb http://kanotix.com/files/debian sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://kanotix.com/files/debian sid main contrib non-free
Now knx-installer_0.4.0.19.tar.gz was downloaded to my home directory with wget. The version is far beyond Knoppix's installer :)
There is also /usr/sbin/knoppix-installer-latest-web and with it my po file seems to work perfectly if copied to /usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES - not to fi_FI!. So there must be something more with Kanotix's installer than only translating po file.
Speaking of GUI I meant Kanotix's new graphical frontend to knoppix-installer and it is invoked by typing knxinstaller
-tapsa-