CD Won't boot: "Disk error 10, AX=4280, drive EF
My first experience with any kind of Linux. Knoppix 4 seems to try and boot, Says "Loading Linux...." but after a while I get: "Isolinux: Disk error 10, AX=4280, drive EF
Boot Failed: Press a key to retry"
I've tried booting with a number of different commands: failsafe, debug, expert, a few others, but always get the same message.
Drives E and F are my CD burner and DVD drives respectively, if that means anything.
Also it took me 3 trys to make the CD, the first two times failed when using CD-R media, the one that worked was using CD-RW media. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem.
Asus A8V mobo
WD80 gig HD With 2 partitions
1 gig RAM
9600 XT 128 meg graphics card
Athlon 3200
Plextor CD Burner
Compaq DVD ROM
Re: CD Won't boot: "Disk error 10, AX=4280, drive EF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dood
Also it took me 3 trys to make the CD, the first two times failed when using CD-R media, the one that worked was using CD-RW media. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem.
It very likely does, but not because CD-RW is better than CDR, rather because using a CD-RW forced you to burn at a slow speed. If you burned the CDRs at high speed then you went against the advice given in the downloading faq.