I'm sorry to ask such a simple question, but I am really confused.
I'm trying to make some aliases permanent, but I can't find the file where to write them.
I'm using Knoppix 4.0 HD installation. When write something in my ~/.bashrc file, nothing happens, and by the way, this is what my .bashrc file says (and also what /etc/bash.bashrc says):
To be honest I don't really undestand what it means. I remember I managed to create some permanent aliases using the file that makes aliases for all the users, but I forgot where it is..Code:# /etc/bash.bashrc
[ -f /etc/profile ] && . /etc/profile
If anybody could kindly help me I would be grateful. In this way I could finally get the knowledge I was looking for, since I read guides over guides, without any satisfactory explanation. Any suggestion about a good guide would be appreciated as well.
Thank you for your help.
