can't print over lan with 4.02 dvd
Hope this is the right forum, it could also go in networking.
I can't print over my lan when running from my knoppix 4.02 dvd.
My printer is an hp deskjet 3420.
My printer is hung on a win98 machine using internet connection and printer sharing.
I can print fine from my Debian Sarge system, on the same physical machine that I
run knoppix 4.02 dvd.
When I configure my printer under 4.02 dvd I get no errors and configuration is a success. (the operation was a success but that patient died)
When I try to print something nothing happens...no error message just nothing.
Any ideas?
Re: can't print over lan with 4.02 dvd
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbine
Hope this is the right forum, it could also go in networking.
I can't print over my lan when running from my knoppix 4.02 dvd.
My printer is an hp deskjet 3420.
My printer is hung on a win98 machine using internet connection and printer sharing.
I can print fine from my Debian Sarge system, on the same physical machine that I
run knoppix 4.02 dvd.
When I configure my printer under 4.02 dvd I get no errors and configuration is a success. (the operation was a success but that patient died)
When I try to print something nothing happens...no error message just nothing.
Any ideas?
What Kind of printer sounds like what I experainced with my cannon bjc2100 . All I did was change the drivers and eventually I got one that worked it wasnt the one KDE recomened to me but it was one of about 12 of them derned Cannon BJC drivers I got the same thing no response no nutin till I got the right one
Have fun