-
WIN CANT SEE LINUX
Hi
I've installed Knoppix onto HD in my garage computer. I have hard wired it to my router and can access internet o.k.
The router also connects 2 wireless PC's running XP. From my linux machine, I can access files from these two XP machines.
Problem is, I can't seem to be able to find the Linux machine from either of my XP computers. I can ping the it O.K.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
-
ok...you can ping it sucessfully, so what do you mean you can't see it? a returned ping means the machines are communicating.
torp
-
:lol:
If you mean you want to see it from Network Neighborhood of Windows, you can start Samba Server, and then you will see a computer named KNOPPIX occurs in WORKGROUP group in Network Neighborhood of windows.
The samba server can be start from KnoppixIcon-->Service-->Start a samba server