-
openmosix knoppix
Hello!
my suggestion is to use an openmosix patched kernel instead of a standard one, to make possible using a group of interconnected knoppix computers to work faster by joining their resources. At least older computers will become more useful if there were another faster knoppix computers in its own LAN, giving them 'a hand', it will be great to build a fast cluster to play with it, or using the laptop and the desktop computer to process together a complex task from time to time, etc.
cheers
carlos
-
Ok, this idea.....WOW!
Great idea!
I messed around with mosix with the K12LTSP and this would be amazing if you could install a linux terminal server and pop in knoppix booted to the mosix kernel and have a cluster in minutes!!!
I would love to see this work. :D
-
-
I would love to see this implemented also.
-
I found it !!!
ClusterKnoppix
Remaster with openMosix support and cluster management tools (openmosixview) Also with a openMosix 'terminal server support' which can be used to very easy add extra nodes ~ 700MB
* Homepage http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix
-
site is not responding :(
-
thank you for the link
-
Finished the download! :) will let you know how it goes, will probably do some testing with it tomorrow ...:)
-
Yes, yes, this all sounds fantastic, but what do you need a supercomputer cluster for exactly? Are you running massively parallel processes? Are you distributing the load? What?
I have 25 Pentium MMXs (233Mhz, 128MB), 25 Pentium IIIs (448Mhz, 256MB) and soon 25 Pentium IVs (2Ghz, 512MB) on one LAN. Should I make this one massive cluster? Why? How?
Regards,
-
I'm thinking of using it for image rendering (Blender) and compiling kernels, etc.