Delay in boot up with "Looking for DVD in: /dev/hda&quo
I've got Knoppix 5.0.1 on CD and DVD. I've tried it on three different machines and on two of them there is an approximate 2 minute delay at a message that says "Looking for DVD in: /dev/hda" (or it says "Looking for CD...")
The two machines that experience this delay have OS/2 and OS/2's Boot Manager on them. The one that does not experience the delay (I don't even recall seeing the message) only has Windows XP on it.
Could the presence of OS/2's Boot Manager be causing the delay? Is this a known issue?
Thanks
Jim
I will make note of this one for future reference
ckamin:
As a newbee, I was wondering if and how to let this apparent solution to IRQ issues, but it looks like this is on your agenda.
However, reading your last reply I saw my message on the solution had a typo.
The saving cheatcode I used is 'knoppix irqpoll dma" and not irqpool.
Sorry about that.
Another point: this cheatcode workaround (and/or Knoppix 5.0) seem a little bit buggy. This morning I wanted to try loading to ram (toram) but 5.0 wants 3GB+ and I only have 2GB, so it said this and then tried to load but didn't succeed. Thereafter it could succeed to load until I flushed out the box by letting sit quite for a while and booting Sarge a couple of times.
Last point: this workaround doesn't work (on my box anyway) with Knoppix 3.9 (Linux 2.6.11).
Best regards