I have laptop IBM T23 and external wireless card of Cisco.
I have wireless router 3COM, connected with encryption 40/64 bit manual code.
What are the steps to connect to wireless using Knoppix DVD V 5.0.1
David :wink:
Printable View
I have laptop IBM T23 and external wireless card of Cisco.
I have wireless router 3COM, connected with encryption 40/64 bit manual code.
What are the steps to connect to wireless using Knoppix DVD V 5.0.1
David :wink:
found!
Before starting login into the router by http:\\192.168.1.1\, dig out the encryption key, the router name, and verify that the MAC no. of the wireless is defined if not every card is allowed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Select KNOPPIX (pinguinhttp://www.linux.org/images/gift/tux_icon.gif) > Networking > Wavelan cfg
- select card popup > wifi0
ESS ID popup> 3Com (router name- case sensitive)
NWID popup> <enter>
mode popup> <enter>
Channel popup> 7 (maybe <enter> is also ok)
Encryption key popup> ABCDEF1234 (choose the 64/40 encryption key that you have installed in your router)
aditional ... popup> <enter>
aditional ... popup> <enter>
aditional ... popup> <enter>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Select KNOPPIX (pinguinhttp://www.linux.org/images/gift/tux_icon.gif) > Networking > Network Card cfg. >
- Select card popup> eth0
Use DHCP popup> Yes
If all working OK, result "OK" in terminal window, card starts blinking, and Firefox is now working.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If failed, results "fail" in terminal window, then you start from the begining.
Good luck, david :)