driver NVIDIA Knoppix 5.0.1 version CD
Hello, I had installed in the hard disk Knoppix 4.0.2 DVD. I installed without no problem driver nvidia doing:
# init 3
# sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7174-pkg1.run
The problem comes now when I want to update to Knoppix 5.0.1 version CD. I have tried to install driver nvidia, but it has not worked to me. In Internet I found that when having now Xorg 7,0, I had to say to him where to put the modules, doing:
# init 3
# sh NVIDIA-Linux.x86.1.0-8762-pkg1.run --x-module-path=/usr/lib/xorg/modules
But when doing it says to me:
Error: Unable to build the NVIDIA kernel modulate
:cry: :cry:
Somebody knows like solving it?
Thanks beforehand
NVIDIA AND KNOPPIX 5.0.1 DVD
I have the same problem trying to install the NVIDIA chipset driver for audio and network on a laptop (Gateway MX3410). I installed Knoppix 5.0.1 on HDD and ran the NVIDIA installer, at the end of building the module it says that it encountered some error. Looking at the log, I can see there is some error during compilation. Digging a little deeper, I found a package in Knoppix DVD (linux-kernel-headers-knoppix) that has a lot of missing files and which is maintained by mr. Klaus Knopper but which is nowhere to be found on the net. I've been googling around for it and nada, niente, nope, nothing. So I'm just wondering, is this some bad joke or what? Is it Open Source or Open Curse? I will actually post a whole new thread on this matter, maybe someone will notice it.