I choose sty0 (or smth like it) from device section. In the modem section I get answer from modem.
But when I try to connect it says "Initializing Modem..." and nothing happens. It never dials the number
What's the problem?
Printable View
I choose sty0 (or smth like it) from device section. In the modem section I get answer from modem.
But when I try to connect it says "Initializing Modem..." and nothing happens. It never dials the number
What's the problem?
THiM- perhaps a little more info?? Is this a conexant modem? If so use the search function- it will give you the answers.
yes it's connexant soft56K
hmmm...I have same problem with my knoppix box. my modem is rockwell external v90 on ttyS1. what is the solution?
for connexant u can see at http://linmodem.org coz ur modem is soft modem.
I've downloaded a driver from linuxant.com but coultn't install because I run my knoppix on cd-rom
Have to I install it to hdd?
This thread might help.Quote:
Originally Posted by THiM