HDD Install permission problems
Hello, I am new to Knoppix and got an external USB HDD to try and install Knoppix on for speed. Knoppix can see my HDD if I disconnect and reconnect my USB drive after reboot fine but cfdisk /media/sda1 keeps saying 'Opened for read-only - you have no permission to write'. So I try and change the permission on the properties of sda1 but it says it cannot write to RECYCLER (having deleted after booting system into XP) and now to SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION. Can somone tell me how to get started on this and partition my Drive. I also tried mount -o -rw, remount /media/sda1 and still cannot write.
Re: HDD Install permission problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhith
Hello, I am new to Knoppix and got an external USB HDD to try and install Knoppix on for speed. Knoppix can see my HDD if I disconnect and reconnect my USB drive after reboot fine but cfdisk /media/sda1 keeps saying 'Opened for read-only - you have no permission to write'. So I try and change the permission on the properties of sda1 but it says it cannot write to RECYCLER (having deleted after booting system into XP) and now to SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION. Can somone tell me how to get started on this and partition my Drive. I also tried mount -o -rw, remount /media/sda1 and still cannot write.
To partition a drive, you don't try to mount it first.
And instead of cfdisk /media/sda1 use cfdisk /dev/sda (Note: use sda not sda1)