How to save configuration in Knoppix 4.0.2
After finding a solution to my internet connection problems, I decided to give Knoppix (I use the 4.0.2 version) a second try. Since my linux experience is very limited, I need some help on how to save configuration data so that they can be accessed at the start of the next session. What I need to save at first is Firefox bookmarks, extensions, and other add-ons. Later this should extend to downloading additional software, etc. I did discover some info in the wiki but it speaks of a 'save configuration' option in the KDE menu which I cannot locate. Can anyone help?
Re: How to save configuration in Knoppix 4.0.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfuser
After finding a solution to my internet connection problems, I decided to give Knoppix (I use the 4.0.2 version) a second try. Since my linux experience is very limited, I need some help on how to save configuration data so that they can be accessed at the start of the next session. What I need to save at first is Firefox bookmarks, extensions, and other add-ons. Later this should extend to downloading additional software, etc. I did discover some info in the wiki but it speaks of a 'save configuration' option in the KDE menu which I cannot locate. Can anyone help?
Firefox bookmarks, extensions etc. are located in your home-directory.
To save them to HD, use "KMenu->KNOPPIX->Configure->Create a persistent KNOPPIX disk image" to create a disk-image where all such things will be saved.
Then when Knoppix starts, you are asked whether you want to load those saved things or not. You need to select "Yes" and press Enter within 20 seconds, or Knoppix continues without loading them.
(If you don't get such a question, try home=scan boot-code so that Knoppix tries to find the saved data.)
ps. There is also "Save KNOPPIX configuration" option at "KMenu->KNOPPIX->Configure->Save KNOPPIX configuration" but I havn't used that. It seems to be a lot more limited than the "Create a persistent KNOPPIX disk image".