Internet on Knoppix Live DVD
Please don't say another internet connection problem.
I searched this forum before posting this thread but it did'nt
solve my problem, which is very simple.
Connect to internet with my Knoppix Live DVD. I am on cable
internet and in Win XP I use Cyberoam 24Online Client to connect
to internet. My TCP/IP properties in WinXP is as follows
IP address : 192.168.3.45
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 192.168.3.1
Preferred DNS Server : 202.153.32.2
Alternate DNS Server : 202.153.32.3
I want an exact solution to my problem. Kindly help me
Re: Internet on Knoppix Live DVD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesbond
I want an exact solution to my problem. ....
Well, doh!
I would have suggeted that you use a router, but although you didn't mention it, it seems that you are, or that there is one built into your cable modem. The IP that you post are private non-routable IP addresses. Of course, the ISP may be playing NAT games too (I hope not, since that would very greatly limit what you could do on the Internet). More info on your hardware would be helpful.
The info that you posted looks right. One thing that you didn't post is your broadcast address, which should be 192.168.3.255 based on the info that you did post. If it's anything else, fix it. On way to do that would be a manual netcardconfig, althouh I expect there are others.