Hi,
On both my hard drive and my bootable cd, I can't change my display from 600 X 800. When I go to display settings, there is only one option. :?
Can anyone help me? :cry:
juniorknopper
Printable View
Hi,
On both my hard drive and my bootable cd, I can't change my display from 600 X 800. When I go to display settings, there is only one option. :?
Can anyone help me? :cry:
juniorknopper
Assuming you downloaded an .iso, there should have been a file, knoppix-cheatcodes.txt.
When you boot up knoppix, you have an opportunity to enter these cheatcodes. As I recall, you should see
boot:
Try knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768 or screen=1280x1024
Let people know if it works for you. Myself, my eyesight is poor enough I need 800x600.
I've tried to use the cheatcodes by adding line
knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768 or screen=1280x1024
at boot option but it didn't and never work.
Help me please.
I'm not sure about this, but you didn't type the whole cheat as
knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768 or screen=1280x1024
did you? I meant that the screen cheat could be either 1024x768 or 1280x1024, not both. This could be insufficient caffeine on my part.
Try: knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768. If that doesn't look right, try knoppix vga=normal screen=1280x1024
Let me know if either works.
Whoops! I tried knoppix vga=1024x768 and knoppix screen=1024x768, but I guess that's wrong. :oops:
I'll try it.
juniorknopper
I'm sorry for writing
knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768 or screen=1280x1024
I wrote
knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768
on boot option. I'm using crt monitor that only works on resolution lower than 1152X768, because it is the highest resolution when I use it on Windows Platform.
Is there any possibility for unsupported vga card?
I'm using nVidia Ge Force MX 440.
I ever tried run Knoppix on an onboard based vga and it can play knoppix at 1024x768. It's not fear! I can't get enough space.
I tried it, and it didn't work. Maybe 1280x1024 will work.Quote:
Originally Posted by antoni_NT
:?
juniorknopper
I forgot to mention something... :roll:
on my hard drive the boot screen doesn't come up, so I am entering cheatcodes into the terminal.
will that work :?: :!: :?: :!:
to get a boot screen, maybe I should reinstall knoppix and not enter anything in the user/password field, because instead of a boot screen, I get a user/password field instead of the
boot:
will that work?
juniorknopper
No, installing Knoppix to a hard drive will not work, as you are learning.Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorknopper