Graphic mode is not working after HDD installation
Hello,
I have an old laptop IBM ThinkPad 760XD with 166 MHz and 104 MB RAM.
The Knoppix 3.7 with KDE works fine, using the Live-CD.
My notebook has a Trident Cyber9385 graphic card. I read in several forums,
that I should use XFree86 Version 3.3.6. And this is exactly used from the Live-CD.
Now, after installation on my harddisk, switching in graphic mode is not working.
Reading the XFree86.0.log, I saw that Knoppix now will use XFree86 Version 4.3.
Is it correct, that the Live-CD use V3.3.6 and after installation V4.3?
How can I install the XFree86 V3.3.6 on the harddisk?
Regards
Harald
Re: Graphic mode is not working after HDD installation
Quote:
Originally Posted by harald612
.... KDE works fine, using the Live-CD.
........
Now, after installation on my harddisk, switching in graphic mode is not working.
Lots of stuff keeps breaking when Knoppix is "installed", this has been going on for years. The forums and wiki are full of warnings against it. Now we have news that Klaus is even considering finally removing the install script completely. The obvious fix for your problem would seem to be to install something that will not cause problems by it's very nature. Debian Etch would be one suggestion, although there are others.